There’s nothing better than hot fresh muffins out of the oven, with a tad of melted butter or honey on top. These delicious muffins use gluten-free flour but of course, you can also use regular flour if so inclined. And the best part is the recipe uses normal ingredients found in your pantry.
Gluten Free Chili Cheese Corn Muffins
- 2-1/3 cup gluten free flour baking blend (store bought or homemade)
- 1 T. plus 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 3/4 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 – 4 oz can diced mild green chiles, drained
- 1/2 cup plus 1 T. grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup gluten-free mayonnaise
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt and cayenne. Stir in the corn, chiles and 1/2 cup parmesan. Stir in the mik and mayonnaise. Spoon the mixture into a nonstick, 6-cup jumbo muffin pan.
Bake for 15 minutes, then sprinkle with remaining 1 T. cheese. Bake until golden brown, about 10 more minutes.
Serve warm. Can be frozen for later.
Makes 6 large muffins.