It’s been awhile since I’ve been truly amazed by a product but that’s exactly what happened with this month’s fix-it-up project. I have stained wood baseboards and doors throughout my house. Over the years, they’ve become scratched from all sorts of things – the vacuum, an unruly dog guest, moving furniture, and assorted mystery scratches – to the point of cringing when you look at them.
I thought I was going to have to re-stain the wood in the entire house, which is why I put off this project for so long. Painting them never seemed an option since it would cost so much money and work to paint all the baseboards in the entire house. I have neither the money or the time.
But while sorting an unforgotten, overlooked drawer the other day, I ran across a product that I bought years ago from an unknown place, and had stashed away without even using it. The product is called Trade Secret Scratch Remover. I had the need, so why not? Well, I’m in love! With a simple wipe of a rag, this product just made my scratches disappear! I was running around the house like a mad woman wiping down every nick I could find, and amazed every time it disappeared. And the product claims it’s permanent, so I don’t have to do this again next year.
The only scratches that I couldn’t remove were the areas that were damaged by my dog chewing the wood as a puppy. Unfortunately those need to be replaced. But for most everyday nicks, this works wonders. Even though I only used 2 of the 4 ounce bottle, I bought more online so I’d never run out. I will share where I found it if you just send me an email or leave a comment.
I am so thrilled that I’m also spending this weekend making my scratches disappear. Now if I can only find something as effective to make my wrinkles on my face disappear, I’d be in hog heaven!
Four down, eight to go:
- Re-grout and caulk my master bath shower stall
- Touch up and re-stain my baseboards
- Fill holes punched in the walls by doorknobs
- Refinish the hardwood floors in the kitchen
- Fix the drawer in the kitchen
- Reorganize the garage shelves
- Fix the folding door in the office
- Touch up paint on the deck
- Replace the caulk in the boys’ bathrooms
- Refinish the wooden built-in bench under the fish tank (ruined by the water)
- Refinish and stain my window sills
- Caulk the outside windows