Caramel dipped apples are always a sign of the holidays, but the hot caramel can give you some bad finger burns if you’re not careful. It’s also a lot of sweat equity over the stove, and living at high altitude makes candy making even trickier. But who knew? This crock pot method for Caramel Apple Dip is both simple to make and safe, all using your crock pot. And it makes great tasting caramel!
So get out your crock pot and let’s get started.
Easy Crock Pot Caramel Apple Dip
- Take one 15 ounce can of sweetened condensed milk and remove the label
- Put it on a rack, ceramic plate or a towel in your crock pot. (If you don’t own a crock pot, a stove top pan will work.)
- Add water to completely submerge the can
- Cook on low for exactly 8 hours (or boil for 3 hours if using a stove top pot). Check the water level several times.
- With tongs take the can out of the water and let sit for 30 minutes ( it is going to be plenty hot)
- Open the can – stir
And you’ve transformed a simple can of milk into delicious caramel sauce! Once you open the can, you can add 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract if you like. Use the sauce to dip apples or pour over ice cream.
And by printing a simple but cute label, you can give the caramel dip as a gift.