If you’re a Comcast customer, can get a ‘free’ wireless router from Comcast. Free is good. Here’s the blurb from the company website:
Free Wireless Router
That’s why, as the leading provider of TV, home phone, and Internet, we’re offering to lease a next-generation wireless router to Comcast High-Speed Internet customers at no additional monthly cost.
Wirelessly connect your computers, gaming consoles, and PDA’s. Watch trailers, read reviews or search the Web for juicy Hollywood gossip anywhere in your house!
Learn more about home networks, routers, and setting up a home network.
- To qualify, you must currently lease a High-Speed Internet modem or a Digital Voice modem from Comcast. Please check your bill to see if you currently lease a modem.
- Qualifying customers can receive one wireless router.
Customers already leasing a router:
- If you currently lease a router from Comcast, you can keep your existing router and your monthly fee will be discounted to $0 a month.
- If you would like to exchange your router, please enter your address below to order a new one. We will send you packaging materials with a prepaid label to return your current router. You will be charged for any unreturned equipment.
- If you currently lease a Comcast Home Networking Gateway device, combination modem and router, you can exchange it for a separate modem and wireless router. Learn more
Important information regarding your order:
- One-time shipping and handling fee of $9.95 for a Self-installation Kit or one-time professional installation fee applies.
- Wireless routers ordered with a Self-installation Kit will be delivered within 4 weeks, depending on availability
- Wireless routers are property of Comcast and must be returned if service is canceled.
- Router availability varies by area.