Here are some great tips for getting rid of cooking and kitchen odors. These tips are both simple and use everyday household products.
- If after preparing fish the smell lingers, try mixing 3 tablespoons of white vinegar and 1 cup of water in a saucepan; boil for approximately 15 minutes to eliminate the fishy odor.
- If your kitchen stills smell of your burned dinner, soak a piece of bread in vinegar and let it sit overnight.
- Refrigerators can hold on to many different odors. Clean the refrigerator out once a week and throw out the smelly leftovers. Ice holds onto odors, so throw away and start over. Add a box of baking powder to the refrigerator and one to the freezer to absorb odors, replacing them every 3 months.
- Place coffee grounds in a bowl and let sit overnight. This will absorb the most mild odors.
- Get rid of nasty odors caused by your garbage disposal by grinding up ice (old ice from the freezer) along with lemon wedges, or baking soda.
- Oh, and my favorite tip is to bake an apple pie with cinnamon. Now all anyone will smell is your wonderful apple pie!