There’s nothing better than hot fresh muffins out of the oven, with a tad of melted butter or honey on top. These delicious muffins use gluten-free flour but of course, you can also use regular flour if so inclined. And the best part is the recipe uses normal ingredients found in your pantry.
Gluten-Free Chili Cheese Corn Muffins
- 2-1/3 cup gluten-free flour baking blend (store bought or homemade)
- 1 T. plus 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 3/4 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 – 4 oz can diced mild green chiles, drained
- 1/2 cup plus 1 T. grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup gluten-free mayonnaise
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt and cayenne. Stir in the corn, chiles and 1/2 cup parmesan. Stir in the mik and mayonnaise. Spoon the mixture into a nonstick, 6-cup jumbo muffin pan.
Bake for 15 minutes, then sprinkle with remaining 1 T. cheese. Bake until golden brown, about 10 more minutes.
Serve warm. Can be frozen for later.
Makes 6 large muffins.