During the winter months and especially if you live in a dry climate, you probably suffer from dry and itchy skin. Try some of these tips:
- A humidifier can be installed to work with your heating system by adding moisture throughout your home.
- Take shorter baths and showers and use cooler water.
- Use a mild soap that adds moisture.
- After stepping out of the bath or shower, immediately put lotion on your body while your skin is still damp.
- During the winter months use witch hazel instead of alcohol, which can be very drying.
- Keep your hands and body well moisturized all during the day.
Above all, keep your body well hydrated; remembering to drink at least 8 cups of water per day and more if you are working out.