During a hotel stay, there are things you can do to protect yourself and your family. Follow these tips to feel safe and secure when you are away from home:
- Use your “Do Not Disturb” sign.
- Carry with you a small carbon monoxide detector.
- Keep your lights and TV on when you leave the room; it gives the appearance that you are still in the room.
- Request the second floor or above to discourage an intrusion from the outside.
- Ask for rooms on second to the fourth floor; they are quicker to exit by stairs in case of fire.
- Keep the doors locked while inside using both the deadbolt and the chain or latch.