Yes, you can make scrambled eggs in the microwave! This is a great technique for a working woman like myself who’s usually rushing out the door, a college dorm dweller, or anyone that doesn’t want to dirty a pan. I also keep a carton of eggs at work so I can eat a healthy scrambled egg snack. And they’re delicious.
Microwaved Scrambled Eggs
1 tsp. milk or water
- Spray the inside of a 1 cup glass measure or coffee mug with Pam or other non-stick spray.
- Stir together egg and milk or water. Cook on HIGH power 30 seconds.
- Remove and stir.
- Microwave another 15 seconds. Stir.
- Repeat with another 15 seconds. Egg should be cooked by then.
- Add 5-10 second intervals if egg is still not cooked. Do not overcook! Scrambled egg comes out light and fluffy.
For 2 eggs, add 2 tsp. water, and increase cooking time to 45-75 seconds.
Experiment by adding interesting ingredients to spice up your eggs (these additions may alter your cooking time), such as:
- 1 T. shredded cheese
- chopped chives
- various spices
- 1 T. cream cheese
- 1 T. chopped fresh veggies