Make drying your laundry easy and energy-efficient. Here are a few tips to help:
- When drying large down comforters or down pillows, toss in a few tennis balls. It helps to fluff them up and dry more evenly.
- Clean out your lint trap before every load. Check your outside vent twice a year for any blockage. It helps with energy efficiency and means faster drying times.
- If clothes are left in the dryer too long they will wrinkle. Dry them again with one or two wet towels to help remove the wrinkles.
- If you put a couple of dry towels in with your wet laundry, it will speed up your drying time.
- Add ½ cup white vinegar in your rinse cycle to help with static cling in the dryer.
- Dry full loads; small loads wastes energy. However, don’t overfill or the air cannot circulate and will cause longer dry times.