You will find baking soda in most kitchen cabinets. But it is not just for baking. Here is a sampling of what you can use baking soda for:
- Replace your scouring powders with baking soda. Baking soda is mild and yet works to break up soap scum and grease.
- Mix 1 cup of baking soda to 1/3 cup water to clean countertops. Baking soda has a bleaching action to remove some stains if left on overnight.
- Leave an open box of baking soda in the refrigerator and freezer to remove odors.
- Pour ½ cup of baking soda down the drains and garbage disposal to help remove gunk and keep it smelling fresh.
- Sprinkle a little baking soda in trash cans for help with odors.
- If you have a dog, sprinkle a little baking soda around in the carpets to help with odors. It can be easily vacuumed up.